Note: This curriculum is 3-4 hours a week, but those hours are as intense as any higher level education class. If you cannot prioritize the time, and the reviews then this is not a course for you.
Each week follows this model
Day 1: Group Class (1 hr. 30 min.)
Day 2-7: Daily Review (15-30 min.)
This study method is efficient and effective because of how it focuses your memory. This will not take the work out of learning. If you are looking for a short cut, or a get smart quick you will be disappointed with Store up His Word.
There is a difference between knowing about the Bible, and knowing the Bible. The goal of this curriculum is to help Christians store up God’s word in their hearts, that they might not sin against Him.
Group Class (up to 12 people)
If you already have small groups in your church then you know the results that can come with a good focused group study. This method can be learned on your own, but there are two good reasons for doing this as a small group:
- Social Pressure: Personally, I am more likely to continue in and push to develop new disciplines when I have people who are walking a similar path as me, and with whom we can celebrate our victories.
- Crowd Sourcing: There is both a creative and logical aspect to this learning method. Doing this in a group allows people to bring what they are gifted in to the table to contribute to the growth of the group.
If you have struggled to maintain private devotions. This will help form that discipline. The review also serves these 3 purposes:
- Solidifies the chapter which was studied on day 1,
- Gives you a focus to pray about,
- Prepares you for the discussion that opens the next week’s class.